Aeronautical Engineering Course details best Aeronautical Engineering Colleges in India
Aero means air and nautics means navigation and aeronautics means “navigation in the air”. Aeronautics is the term which literally means “ sailing in the air” it is the science which involves the study, design and manufacture of flight- capable machines with the technique of operating aircraft, Aeronautical Engineering is the branch of Engineering which has its base in the field of aviation, space exploration and defense systems. Aeronautical engineering is the branch of engineering behind the design, construction and science of aircraft and spacecraft. It has since expanded to inclide technology, business and other aspects related to air craft.
Flight vehicles undergo severe conditions such as differences in atmospheric pressure, and temperature, with structural loads applied upon vehicle components. Consequently, they are usually the products of various technologies including aerodynamics, avionics, materials science and propulsion. These technologies are collectively known as aeronautical engineering. Because of the complexity of the field, aeronautical engineering is conducted by a team of engineers, each specializing in their own branches of science. The development and manufacturing of a modern flight vehicle is an extremely complex process and demands careful balance and compromise between abilities, design, available technology and costs.
The origin of aerospace engineering can be traced back to the aviation pioneers around the late 19th century to early 20th centuries, although the work of Sir George Cayley has recently been dated as being from the last decade of the 18th to mid 19th century. One of the most important people in the history of aeronautics. Cayley was a pioneer in aeronautical engineering and is credited as the first person to separate the forces of lift and drag, which are in effect on any flight vehicle. Early knowledge of aeronautical engineering was largely empirical with some concepts and skills imported from other branches of engineering. Scientists understood some key elements of aerospace engineering, like fluid dynamics, in the 18th century. Several years later after the successful flights by the Wright brothers, the 1910s saw the development of aeronautical engineering through the design of World War I military aircraft.
The first definition of aerospace engineering appeared in February 1958. The definition considered the Earth’s atmosphere and the outer space as a single realm, thereby encompassing both aircraft (aero) and spacecraft (space) under a newly coined word aerospace. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration was founded in 1958 as a response to the Cold War. United States aerospace engineers launched the first American satellite on January 31, 1958 in response to the USSR launching Sputnik in October 4, 1957.
SCOPE of Aeronautical Engineering
Job opportunities for an Aeronautical Engineer in India, lies with various airlines like Air India, Indian Airlines, Helicopter Corporation of India and flying clubs, private airlines and government owned air service and aircraft manufacturers like the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) with its factories at Bangalore, Nashik, Koraput, Kanpur etc. Defense Research and Development Laboratories, National Aeronautical Lab (NAL), Aeronautical Development Establishment, Civil Aviation Department etc. The Defence services and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) also happen to be two major employers.
Initially, candidates begin work as graduate engineer trainees or junior Engineers. Keeping in view their performance, academic background and aptitude, they are placed for training in the aircraft maintenance/overhaul or support section. On completion of training they are placed as assistant aircraft engineers or assistant technical officers. They have to clear departmental examinations for further promotions. They may advance to administrative or executive positions or become consultants. Aeronautical engineers are assisted by aircraft mechanics in maintenance of aircraft frame, engine, electrical system and other ancillary fittings.
Eligibility for Aeronautical Engineering
The eligibility criteria for admission to the various Aeronautical Engineering Courses include the following:
Candidates should pass 10+2 (minimum 50% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry), pre-degree/intermediate or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Candidates can also have a 3-year Diploma in Engineering with 50% marks.
Students having a B.Sc. with PCM degree are also eligible to apply for Aeronautical Engineering Courses.
Applicants will have to furnish a medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner to attest that he /she have no physical impairment and his/her color vision is normal.
Admission forms are available at the Institute and website. The student shall fill up the application form and submit the form along with the required DDs/ cash for prospectus and application form fee, admission fee, and the following documents.
Admission will be on the basis of personal interview and I0+2marks.
Course Tuition Fees
Other fees / Charges
Top Aeronautical Engineering colleges in India
1.List of Aerospace / Aeronautical colleges in India:
2. Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology
3. Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology
4. Hindustan College Of Engineering
5. Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology
6. IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai 400076, (Maharashtra)
7. Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
8. Indian Institute of Technology, II PO, Chennai 600036, (Tamil Nadu)
9. Institute of Aviation Technology, 1265, Sector 6, Bahadurgarh, Haryana 124507, (Punjab)
10. Institute of Information Technology & Management’s Aeronautical Engineering Training Academy, Sr. No. 37, Kondwa Budruk, Pune – 411 048, (Maharashtra)
11. Mohamed Sathak Engineernig College,Kilakarai – 623 806, Ramanathapuram Dist., Tamil Nadu, (Tamil Nadu)
12. Nehru College of Aeronautics & Applied Science, 451-D, Palakkad main road, Kuniamuthur, Coimbatore – 641 008, (Tamil Nadu) 13. Park College of Engineering and Technology, Kaniyur post, Coimbatore, (Tamil Nadu)
14. Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth (Deemed)University, (Rajasthan)
15. VSM Aerospace, Chelekere, Off Ring Road, KalyanNagar Post, Bangalore – 560 043, (Karnataka)
16. Academy Of Aerospace & Aviation, Swadesh Bhawan, 2, Press Complex, A.B.Road, Indore, (Madhya Pradesh)
17. Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering & Technology, Royal Complex-467 , Near Old Paradi Naka, Bhandara Road ,Nagpur -440008, (Maharashtra)
18. Hindustan Electronics Academy, 61, Cambridge Road, P.B.No.806, Ulsoor, Bangalore 560008, (Karnataka)
19. IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Kharagpur 721302, (West Bengal)
20. IIT, Kanpur 208016, (Uttar Pradesh)
21. Indian Institute of Aeronautics, Patna Airport, Patna 800014, (Bihar)
22. Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Technical Campus, # 29, R. K. Layout, Padmanabhanagar, Bangalore-560 070, (Karnataka)
23. Madras Institute Of Technology, Anna University, Chrompet, Chennai-600044, (Tamil Nadu)
24. National Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 1/2, Canal Road, Ballupur, Dehradun 248001, (Uttarakhand)
25. National Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 1/2, Canal Road, Ballupur, Dehradun 248001, (Uttarakhand)
26. Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh-160012, (Chandigarh (union territory))
27. School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi, (Delhi (union territory))
28. VSM Aerospace, Chelekere, Off Ring Road, KalyanNagar Post, Bangalore – 560 043, (Karnataka)
|Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering & Information Technology
Shastri Campus, S No. 85, NDA Road, Shivane, Pune 411023 (MS)
Phone : +91-20-25291473, 25293332
Fax : +91-20-25291461
Mobile : +91-9922992917, +91-9011036205, +91-9822013633
|Corporate Office : 140/6, Near Warje Chowk, NDA Road, Warje Malwadi, Pune-411052
Telefax: (020) 25292151 / 1542
Mobile: 99229 92917/ 9011036205 / 98220 13633
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iiaeit.org